Garden Volunteer, Nick, shares one of his favourite recipes that’s guaranteed to please no matter what the weather. Quick and easy to prepare, the chicken makes for a lovely light and summery dish when served with salad and boiled potatoes, and is equally delicious as a winter warmer with steamed vegetables and roast potatoes, or rice.
Ingredients for two people
- 4 chicken thighs (with their skins)
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 4 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Set the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, except for the chicken. Add a tablespoon of water and mix it all together.
- Place the chicken in the mixture and make sure it is completely coated in the sauce.
- Marinate in the fridge. For best results, I recommend marinating overnight. If you’re in a rush, you can forget about marinating altogether and it will be fine.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and bake (covered) for an hour. Take the lid off for the last 15 minutes.
- Before serving, thicken the sauce by adding a little cornflour mixed with water and bringing it to the boil while stirring.