Winterbourne was built by John Nettlefold for his young and growing family.
The botanical garden has given over 100 years of enjoyment to younger visitors. You’ll find plenty to amuse babies, toddlers and older children alike around the site making a trip to Winterbourne an ideal family day out.
There are plenty of activities available all year round for children so no need to worry about what to do in the school holidays. With attractions ranging from spooky Halloween trails to a summer Family Themed day you’ll find something to keep both older children and toddlers entertained.
Facilities and Activities
- Under 5s visit for free
- Family memberships available
- Children’s garden with willow tunnel and picnic tables
- Highchairs and children’s food options in the tea room (with meat credited up to and beyond Red Tractor status and free range eggs in our products)
- Pushchair access to the house and garden
- Baby carriers available to borrow
- Baby change units
- Breastfeeding friendly across the site, but staff will try to make a private space available should you need it
- All year round children’s activity trails
- Interactive exhibits bring history to life
Due to the likelihood of balls going astray or damaging plants or flowers, we ask you very kindly to leave sport equipment in the car, and the same applies for tricycles or scooters. Well behaved teddy bears are welcome if accompanied by their owner, but pets do have to stay at home!