Many heritage attractions are only able to thrive thanks to the commitment of their valuable volunteers and at Winterbourne, we are no different. The help and support that our volunteers provide is invaluable to us.
We have many different areas where volunteers can get involved…House stewards help offer a warm welcome to our visitors and ensure that they get the most out of their visit; garden volunteers help our team of horticulturalists keep the colourful borders looking their best and connect with visitors as they move around the areas of the garden and we also have people behind the scenes assisting in administrative work or helping keep the nuts and bolts of Winterbourne running smoothly as a maintenance volunteer.
We currently have vacancies for the following roles:
- Visitor Experience Volunteers – a variety of roles in our Shop (Mon/Fri & Sun vacancies only), the House and Reception
- Administrator Volunteer – to assist with office administration in relation to daily operations
- Printing Press Volunteers – volunteer in our working printing press, talking to visitors and producing stock for our gift shop
- Floristry Volunteer – to assist the Garden Team decorating the house and Tea Room with small floral displays picked from the garden
- Education Volunteer – assist our Learning Officer with Winterbourne’s courses and workshops
- Maintenance Volunteer (Painting and varnishing) – to assist the garden team in the care and maintenance of our benches (Monday to Friday)
Our commitment to you
If you do join us as a volunteer, we generally ask that you are able to give at least two and a half hours a week of your time and for the Shop there are specific time slots. We then provide all necessary training and assign staff to support you throughout your time with us. You will have the opportunity to become part of a friendly team, and use or develop skills that will benefit Winterbourne, and hopefully yourself, for years to come!
If you are interested in finding out more information about any of these roles, please email [email protected] A member of staff will then be in touch to talk through the roles available so that you can then fill in an application form and arrange an informal interview with the relevant department.