If there’s one thing that the Winterbourne team loves just as much as the house and garden, it’s good food. This month we’re focussing on this delicious chicken and spinach pasta recipe, full of warmth and
This dish is extra tasty with salad and garlic bread on the side, and a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
Ingredients (serves four)
4 medium onions, diced
450g boneless chicken, diced
200g fresh spinach or 4/5 cubes of frozen
2-3 fresh tomatoes, chopped or sliced thinly
1 small block of ginger, grated
3 cloves of garlic
4-5 green chillies
1 tsp salt
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp cumin seeds
1. Place your onions in a deep saucepan with a lid or a wok and fry on a medium heat.
2. Once the onions are lightly golden, add your tomatoes and give everything a good stir.
3. Grind your chillies, ginger, and garlic together. Add them to the pan, along with the salt, turmeric, garam masala, paprika and cumin seeds.
4. Give everything a good stir and add a splash of water to form a paste. This needs to be thin enough to coat the chicken and pasta.
5. Once you have your desired texture, add the diced chicken and stir until marinated.
6. Add the spinach, stir, and leave to simmer on a medium heat until the paste has thickened and the chicken is thoroughly cooked. If you’re using a pan with a lid, leave the lid on a slant to let steam escape.
7. In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the packet’s instructions. Drain and then stir into the chicken and spinach.