Join experienced botanical artist and tutor Jeni Neale to learn the fundamental skills of a botanical artist.
Enjoy a day of drawing and painting the delights of spring time from Winterbourne’s garden: flowering bulbs, emerging buds and beautiful Camellia. Concentrating on simple compositions, learn how to capture their form and vibrant colours in easy watercolour washes. Jeni will demonstrate drawing and painting methods at each stage and the limited numbers will allow for plenty of one-to-one tuition throughout the day.
Suitable for all abilities and those who enjoy drawing and painting in detail.
Pre-booking is essential. Tickets can be purchased from the Winterbourne shop or via the Book Now button on this page.
- A3 support board
- H or 2H pencils
- Pencil sharpener and eraser
- 1 x 5 hole, slant well palette or white ceramic plate for paint mixing
- Size 3, 4 or 5 sable or sable and nylon mix watercolour brushes (available for purchase on the day – approximately £4 per brush)
- Artist’s quality watercolour paints (tubes or pans)
- 2 clear water pots
- Kitchen paper or cotton cloth
- An A3 folder or envelope to take work home
A selection of watercolour paper will be provided. Reasonably priced sable mix brushes will be available to purchase on the day. Jeni will also provide watercolour paints if required.
“The instruction was brilliant” – participant at Jeni’s workshop at Winterbourne in July 2017.
Our courses are suitable for 18 years or above. If you have any questions, please contact us using the Ask a Question button on this page.