Gouache is an opaque water-based medium, often called body colour, which allows us to paint crisp white flowers on dark coloured backgrounds. Enjoy a day of drawing and painting snowdrops or other seasonal white flowers from the Winterbourne garden. Concentrating on simple compositions, Jeni will demonstrate drawing and painting methods for Gouache at each stage and the limited numbers will allow for plenty of one-to-one tuition throughout the day.
Suitable for all abilities and those who enjoy drawing and painting in detail.
This workshop is fully booked. To be informed should space become available use the Join Waiting List button on this page.
Jeni will provide a selection of dark coloured paper/card, Gouache paints – artist’s quality, white trace-down paper. Reasonably priced sable mix brushes will be available to purchase on the day.
Materials participants should bring:
- A3 or A4 support board – Essential (the back of an old sketchbook, foam board, or similar)
- A small (A5 or A4) sketchbook
- H or 2H pencils
- Pencil sharpener and eraser
- 1 x 5 hole, slant well palette or white ceramic plate for paint mixing
- Artist’s quality Gouache paint (Jeni will also bring a supply)
- Size 3, 4 or 5 sable or sable and nylon mix watercolour brushes (available for purchase on the day – approximately £4 per brush)
- Artist’s quality watercolour paints (tubes or pans)
- 2 clear water pots
- Kitchen paper or cotton cloth
- An A3 folder or envelope to take work home
“Jeni was a superb tutor – very patient and knowledgeable – lovely environment” participant at Jeni’s workshop at Winterbourne in September 2018.
Our courses are suitable for 18 years or above. If you have any questions, please contact us using the Ask a Question button on this page.