Capture the beauty of spring, painting seasonal bulbs and flowers in watercolour from Winterbourne’s wonderful garden. Concentrating on simple compositions, Jeni will take you through the drawing and painting methods at each stage and the limited numbers will allow for plenty of one-to-one tuition throughout the day.
Suitable for all abilities and those who enjoy drawing and painting in detail.
Pre-booking is essential. Tickets can be purchased in the Winterbourne shop or via the Book Now button on this page.
- A piece of artists’ quality watercolour paper
- A selection of flowering bulbs and seasonal flowers
Reasonably priced sable mix brushes will be available to purchase on the day. Jeni can also loan out paints and a mixing palette if requested.
Materials to bring along:
- A3 or A4 support board – Essential (the back of an old sketchbook, foam board or similar)
- HB pencil
- Pencil sharpener and eraser
- 1 x 5 hole, slant well palette or white ceramic plate for paint mixing
- Size 3, 4 or 5 sable or sable & nylon mix watercolour brushes (available for purchase on the day – approx £4/brush)
- Artist’s quality watercolour paints (tubes or pans) – Jeni will supply if you don’t have any to hand
- 2 clear water pots
- Kitchen roll or cotton cloth
- An A3 folder or envelope to take work home
“Jeni is an excellent teacher and the class was both informative and enjoyable” participant at Jeni’s workshop at Winterbourne in August 2019.
Our courses are suitable for 18 years or above. Tickets are non-refundable. If you have any questions, please contact us using the Ask a Question button on this page.