Capture the rich hues and vibrant colours of late summer with experienced botanical artist Jeni Neale. Working from the beautiful array of flowers in Winterbourne’s summer borders, learn how to capture their essence in easy watercolour washes. Jeni will demonstrate drawing and painting methods at each stage, along with tips and techniques that will provide a good foundation for further botanical studies.
Suitable for anyone who enjoys plants and flowers and would like to make a record of their observations in detail, in pencil and watercolour paint. Enthusiastic beginners welcome.
Pre-booking is essential. Tickets will be available in late May.
Hot pressed watercolour paper and plant flowers will be provided. A selection of reasonably priced sable mix brushes will be available to purchase on the day. Jeni will also provide watercolour paints if required.
Materials participants should bring:
- A3 support board
- H or 2H pencils
- Pencil sharpener and eraser
- 1 x 5 hole, slant well palette or white ceramic plate for paint mixing
- Size 3, 4 or 5 sable or sable and nylon mix watercolour brushes (available for purchase on the day – approximately £4 per brush)
- Artist’s quality watercolour paints (tubes or pans)
- 2 clear water pots
- Kitchen paper or cotton cloth
- An A3 folder or envelope to take work home
“Jeni was a superb tutor – very patient and knowledgeable – lovely environment” participant at Jeni’s workshop at Winterbourne in September 2018.
Our courses are suitable for 18 years or above. If you have any questions, please contact us using the Ask a Question button on this page.