This 6 week programme gives a general introduction to garden design, principles, planning and graphics.
Hosted by award winning garden designers Darren Rudge and Helen Wood, the course will give you an inspiring, enjoyable and relaxed approach to learning about garden design. No previous experience or drawing skills are needed.
During this course you will develop a design and produce drawings for your own garden or an imagined space.
The course includes:
- survey methods for garden design, drawing survey plan
- site analysis – developing brief & ideas
- the design process, developing ideas and concepts
- hard landscaping and soft landscaping selections for gardens
- drawing a basic layout plan of your garden
Sessions are 4 hours, 10.30am- 3pm with half an hour break for lunch.
Drawing materials are provided, it is recommended that participants purchase a basic kit of drawing equipment.
Basic equipment suggested:
- Scale rule including 1:20. 1:50 and 1:100 scales
- Range of pencils 2H, HB and 2B and a pencil sharpener
- An extending compass
- Set square
- Fine line drawing pens: 0.1, 0.3 and 0.5
- Circle template
- A sketch pad sized A3 or A4
Session dates for the course are on the following Wednesdays:
7th Feb, 21st Feb, 28th Feb, 6th March, 13th March, 20th March
Tickets are non-refundable unless cancelled by Winterbourne.