Get crafty this Christmas to create handmade botanical Christmas cards using traditional botanical illustration techniques of line and watercolour wash.
Jeni will guide you through each stage from selecting and arranging your composition, outline pencil drawing followed by fine-line marker pen and simple watercolour washes.
Mount your illustrations onto readymade coloured card blanks (six pack + envelopes supplied). Each card will be unique and original and it is envisaged that you will create several designs in the day!
This workshop offers the complete beginner and those with experience the opportunity to learn or refresh their skills whilst enjoying a relaxed and instructive day.
Pre-booking is essential. Tickets can be purchased in the Winterbourne shop or via the Book Now button on this page.
- A selection of Christmas foliage, cones and berries from Winterbourne’s garden
- Fine-line waterproof black pen
- Pack of six mixed coloured card blanks
Watercolour paper can be supplied. Reasonably priced sable mix brushes will be available to purchase on the day. Jeni will also provide watercolour paints if required.
Materials to bring along:
- A4 drawing board
- H or 2H pencils
- Pencil sharpener and eraser
- 1 x 5 hole, slant well palette or white ceramic plate for paint mixing
- Size 3, 4 or 5 sable or sable & nylon mix watercolour brushes (available for purchase on the day – approx £4/brush)
- Artist’s quality watercolour paints (tubes or pans)
- 2 clear water pots
- Kitchen roll or cotton cloth
- An A4 folder or envelope to take work home
“The tutor is excellent and the course was inspiring” participant at Jeni’s workshop at Winterbourne in February 2019.
Our courses are suitable for 18 years or above. If you have any questions, please contact us using the Ask a Question button on this page.